Saturday, September 6, 2008

Total - Volume One [1991, My Scan]



Not so much a music zine as a collection of articles on countercultural movements and conspiracy theories. The cover lists Front Line Assembly, Finitribe, Bourbonese Qualk, Coil, Lagowski, etc. But aside from a couple fullpage art collages for some of them, these artists only appear on the accompanying cd. The one exception is an 2 page layout containing what i'm assuming is Adi Newton's TAGC manifesto, with The Anti Group appearing on the cd as well.

Download

The cd was released/distributed by Soleilmoon/Staalplaat along with the zine in an edition of 1000. You can grab the cd over at
Because God Told Me To Do It.
The Thing On The Doorstep

4 comments:

  1. Cheers and thanks... did I say that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH you naughty boy!
    Hi, I edited TOTAL (which ran to two editions, number 2 being a 160 page book and CD) and compiled the CD. It was a long time ago now and although I can't vouch for what Solielmoon would say about it being up for download I personally think that blogs like yours are what music blogging should be about, establishing a sense of history in an area that is somewhat overlooked. Copyright Infringement, well, that's a whole new ball game. Everything I did over a ten year period is now out of print (I ran a number of labels) and I'm intrigued and pleased that there is still an interest in the back catalogue. I'm in the process of compiling / designing a label history site and will add ye to my links page. Oh I also wrote for 'Music From The Empty Quarter'.
    Best Wishes.

    Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome zine. Thank you very much for posting it. I don't suppose there is any way to get vol. 2? That would make me very very happpy. Keep up the good work.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance of a reupload? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete